This is the full wording of the resistance charter that we are asking MPs to sign up to:
‘RESISTANCE’ CHARTER 2010
1. Disabled and terminally ill people deserve and are entitled to the same protection in law as everyone else.
2. I value the lives of all disabled and terminally ill people and the contributions they make to society.
3. I will seek opportunities to ensure disabled and terminally ill people in my constituency have access to the health, social care and other services they need to live with dignity.
4. I believe that disabled and terminally ill people seeking assistance to end their lives should receive the same support provided to any other person with suicidal thoughts and be encouraged to live.
5. I will support palliative care and independent living services in my constituency and work with those seeking to ensure they are available to all who would benefit from them.
6. I am willing to meet with disabled and terminally ill people in my constituency who are fearful of any change in the law on assisted suicide and to take account of their views.
7. I will seek to maintain the legal protection offered by the current law, which is that assisted suicide is illegal.